4 feb 2013

ask.fm/measheike, 30dac, free portraits, talent

hi, how are you? I wanted to share a few important things:

first of all, now I've got a ask.fm account, this: [link]
feel free to drop by and ask a few questions. they don't have to be art related, ask me about anything, I'm a funny guy! plus, it's anonymous, so you can really ask me anything. 

number two! as some of you might have noticed, I've started the 30days art challenge ([link]) which is one of the best things I've done recently, it really pushes you doing things you wouldn't otherwise, it helps a lot for experimenting, learning..

three: I really want to get good at portraits, and in order to do that I need hundreds of photographs of people to study, replicate over and over, and learn from. I thought that there could be people who'd love to get a free portrait of themselves, so I'm asking you if you're interested, because, if you are, you should definitely send me a picture of you (or friend, or grandad, or dog, maybe turtles, but definitely no to dolls, dead bodies, clowns, your enemy (but yes if you really hate him, maybe I could do it with some ridiculous moustaches on his face), yesyes to your pandas, your family, maybe a beautiful portrait as a gift for st. valentine's day for your beautiful boyfriend or girlfriend). so.. ehm.. do it if you want, send a note here on dA or an email, or a message if you have me on facebook, I'll select the most interesting ones and will let you have something as soon as possible.

four; a few days ago ~leventep wrote something about talent that sums up perfectly my opinion about it. you can read it here: [link]
I started using photoshop years ago and along the way I met online a lot of people that, like me, wanted to create some art and get really good at it. most of those no longer do that. most of those went for something else. something easier, something that family, friends, the rest of the city, the whole country, the world they think they live in, would approve. they went for something that's not their dream, that, even thought they call it that way, it's not reality, it's a nightmare. 
some of those, along that way, told me that I was talented and they were not, some just said my art was lame because, well, sometimes it is, some became friends even thought they gave up on our once shared dream. I think that success is giving up. if you really want to be something, be it but eventually you'll have to give up to a few things and you will have to be ready. sometimes you'll be giving up to a girlfriend, to a wife, to a friend, to fun, to masturbation, to tv, to pleasure, to cigarettes, to cakes, to unhealty hobbies. if you're giving up art for something else for too long, you're probably going to fail daily, it will kill your motivation for good and you'll end up being an occidental salaryman. you have to find your own balance, and then you'll handle your life. it takes years to find that balance, and all of us, eventually, will fall. what makes the difference is your ability to get up and back on, to kill what keeps pushing you down. most of the time, that monster is invisible. it's there, you feel, you feel it pushing, but you can't see it. it has so many forms, might be your father, your mother, your loved one, shame, envy, doubt, the lack of motivation. talent is motivation. it is not something we are born with. you take it. you get it. that's why I always reccomend to surround yourself with the people that makes you happy, inspired, motivated, that remind you everyday how life is just a ride and you should't take it too seriously. many said it, but it's important: do what you love. forget the money, forget the life you tought you had to live, forget a comfortable and empty life. take your responsabilities, don't complain, don't blame anyone. we're not pigs, we're not in a cage and we're not on antibiotics.

that's talent, to me. finding a way to escape from reality (no one likes it anyway, don't we?), be who you are no matter what it takes. you will never regret a thing. I'm young and unexperienced, but I think I earned enough points in life to say: trust me. you don't have to prove anything to anyone, forget other people. happiness rise and dies inside yourself, it's a choice and it's yours.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento